Relief of Back Pain Causing Leg DiscomfortRue-si Dat Ton (Wat Pho Style) Technique 12
In this post, you will learn a simple self-stretching technique for relief of back pain causing leg discomfort. As you’ll discover though, this technique has many more benefits than that!
Follow Rue-si Dat Ton
[ Rue-si Dat Ton ]
Poetry In Motion
Clues From the Past
In this section, we focus on the poem that goes with each illustration of a Rue-si performing the technique. Originally written in Old Thai and featured in the Samut Thai Khao, the poem translates to English as something like this:
Rue-si Cha-Din is a famous alchemist known in the 108 Rue-si Legend.
“Rue-si Cha-Din has a hunch that he’s gonna get sick; self stretch. It is a sickness that makes you age and hunch; sickness is called Sang-pa-ti-nge. Swing feet and kick like boxing, fixing tiredness, twisted hips & Knees.”
This may not make sense to you upon first glance. However, try to find any keys that may be hidden in the words.
Before We Begin
Firstly, we need to understand the benefits of this technique as well as consider any precautions & recommendations in order to achieve maximum results and ensure safety.
In Addition to Relief of Back Pain Causing Leg Discomfort..
Benefits of This Technique Include:
- Stretches muscles such as the Hamstring, Gastrosoleus, and Lower Back.
- Exercises the Quadriceps Femoris, Tibialis Anterior, Hamstring, Gastrosoleus, and Hip Extensor Group muscles (Gluteus).
- Improves joint mobility and range of motion – flexion of the hip joint, knee joint flexion, and dorsiflexion of the ankle joint.
- Breathing meditation improves the respiratory system.
- Refreshes the mind.
- Helps to relieve leg muscle tightness & discomfort, lower back pain, and pain in the foot and heel.
- Improves balance.
Prepare Your Body.
Prepare Your Mind.
Okay, Let’s Begin
How To Do This Technique
Relief of Back Pain Causing Leg Discomfort
Begin by standing upright and lifting your left foot, grasping it with the left hand and placing your right hand on the left knee.
- Stretch your left leg forwards. Inhale deeply and bend the right knee down slowly.
- Exhale slowly while bringing the right knee back up to starting position and release.
- Now lift your right foot, grasping it with the right hand and place your left hand on the right knee.
- Stretch your right leg forward. Inhale deeply and bend the left knee down slowly.
- Exhale slowly while bringing the left knee back up to starting position and release.
- In this technique, it’s important to keep looking forwards while bending into the stretch.
- Don’t push down hard on your elevated knee.
- Your bent knee shouldn’t go beyond your toes.
Add To The Flow
This technique is intended to provide relief of back pain causing leg discomfort and can be done independently for that purpose. However, it can also be combined with other techniques in a preventative maintenance routine for your body. Move directly from this technique to the next here. If you prefer, the Wat Pho Style of 18 techniques in one routine can found and practiced on the main Learn Rue-si Dat Ton page. Enjoy!
Subscribe to our nesletter, comment, rate, share, and much more below!
Our mission is to seek out and gather all knowledge pertaining to Rue-si Dat Ton from legitimate sources far and wide. We plan to consolidate and refine the information, address the extinction issues stated on our website, and put it into digital form. This ensures not only that it will be preserved, but that its healing wisdom will be accessible around the world. We aim to fulfill the dreams of Kings. We greatly appreciate any and all support in this seemingly impossible quest that has been riddled with complications throughout the centuries. Thank You.
Important Note: Most of the information presented here was acquired from the Watpo Thai Traditional Medical School in Bangkok, Thailand. It’s a great school and quite likely the #1 place to learn Thai massage in the world. Highly Recommended!