Relief of Hip & Lower Back DiscomfortRue-si Dat Ton (Wat Pho Style) Technique 14
In this post, you will learn a simple self-stretching technique for relief of hip & lower back discomfort. As you’ll discover though, this technique has many more benefits than that!
Follow Rue-si Dat Ton
[ Rue-si Dat Ton ]
Poetry In Motion
Clues From the Past
In this section, we focus on the poem that goes with each illustration of a Rue-si performing the technique. Originally written in Old Thai and featured in the Samut Thai Khao, the poem translates to English as something like this:
“Rue-si Sra-pang set his body upright, stretching both of his feet broadly. Meticulously clenching his fists and curling his hands; pressing on both legs Piriformis muscle in the hips. Discomfort, even fatigue, legs (discomfort) disappear…”
This may not make sense to you upon first glance. However, try to find any keys that may be hidden in the words.
Before We Begin
Firstly, we need to understand the benefits of this technique as well as consider any precautions & recommendations in order to achieve maximum results and ensure safety.
In Addition to Relief of Hip & Lower Back Discomfort..
Benefits of This Technique Include:
- Strengthens the Sphincter muscles which helps to control the exit of urine in the Urinary bladder.
- Exercises the Quadriceps Femoris, Tibialis Anterior, Hamstring, Gastrosoleus, and Gluteus Group muscles.
- Improves joint mobility and range of motion – flexion of the hip joint, knee joint flexion, and dorsiflexion of the ankle joint.
- Breathing meditation improves the respiratory system.
- Refreshes the mind.
- Helps to relieve hip & lower back discomfort.
Prepare Your Body.
Prepare Your Mind.
Okay, Let’s Begin
How To Do This Technique
Relief of Hip & Lower Back Discomfort
Begin by standing upright with your feet hip width apart and toes pointing outwards. Place your hands on the waist and press your thumbs into the Gluteus muscles.
- Inhale deeply and bend the knees down slowly.
- Exhale slowly and straighten the knees back to starting position.
- Repeat this exercise 3 to 5 times.
- All breathing during this exercise should have deep inhales, and slow exhales.
- Each stretch should be held for 3-5 seconds.
Add To The Flow
This technique is intended to provide relief of hip & lower back discomfort and can be done independently for that purpose. However, it can also be combined with other techniques in a preventative maintenance routine for your body. Move directly from this technique to the next here. If you prefer, the Wat Pho Style of 18 techniques in one routine can found and practiced on the main Learn Rue-si Dat Ton page. Enjoy!
Subscribe to our nesletter, comment, rate, share, and much more below!
Our mission is to seek out and gather all knowledge pertaining to Rue-si Dat Ton from legitimate sources far and wide. We plan to consolidate and refine the information, address the extinction issues stated on our website, and put it into digital form. This ensures not only that it will be preserved, but that its healing wisdom will be accessible around the world. We aim to fulfill the dreams of Kings. We greatly appreciate any and all support in this seemingly impossible quest that has been riddled with complications throughout the centuries. Thank You.
Important Note: Most of the information presented here was acquired from the Watpo Thai Traditional Medical School in Bangkok, Thailand. It’s a great school and quite likely the #1 place to learn Thai massage in the world. Highly Recommended!